I ALSO TEACH...
I have taught two classes at my undergraduate alma mater, Austin College:
- Imitating the Greats: Crafting Quality Creative Fiction & Literary Nonfiction (January 2009)
- Blogging and the Digital Self: A Hands-On Crash Course in eJournalism (January 2010)
I have also helped develop the curriculum for a day-long activist training at the annual LGBT Netroots Connect pre-conference for the last 7 years.
DO PUBLIC SPEAKING...
The following are educational talks I have given:
- Senior Commencement Speaker" - Austin College 2001
- "Blogging Content Bootcamp" - Netroots Nation 2012
- "The Effects of Gaming Addiction" - GaymerX 2013 & 2014
- "QueerBomb! Take Back Pride from Corporations with Protest, Performance and Political Bite!" - The 2016 National Conference for LGBT Equality
- "Stepping Up Your QPOC Coverage" - Moderator and organizer at NLGJA 2017 Conference
- "Sylvia Rivera & José Sarria: Tales of our queer Latinx ancestors" - LULAC 4871 June 2017 Meeting
- "Creating Healing and Inclusive Sex Spaces" - The 2018 National Conference for LGBT Equality
- "Are We Journalists or Activists?" - Panelist at NLGJA 2019 Conference
- "10 Emerging Trends in LGBTQ Media" - SXSW Interactive 2019
As an ordained minister and wedding officiant, it has been my pleasure to conduct 4 secular wedding ceremonies. For each, I interviewed the couple about how they met and what they'd like in their ceremony; wrote a custom homily that incorporated themes, artwork, and family members close to the soon-to-be-wed spouse; and helped conduct an efficient rehearsal to give everyone peace of mind.
I'd be honored to conduct your wedding ceremony and have references available upon request. I also write killer speeches for toasts.
& WRITE AD COPY/ADVERTORIALS
I have written advertorials throughout my career for brands like Amtrak, Nulo dog food, the Straits Games, the Frameline Film Festival, and the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus, just to name a few.
I have also written ad copy for the Plastics Pipe Institute.